Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby woodnut » 26 Aug 2012, 23:07

Something to chat about now , waiting for the release. Then maybe after its out , apply the ideas.
In apparatus it was hard to know wbo invented what first. Who deserves credit ?
When working on my electric clutch I did not know if it was new or had it been done.
Maybe in principia , we can organize some way.
FIRST - do we need this ?
If we do, some initial ideas:
-Criteria for an invention . It must be new , useful & inventive.
-A process of steps to get added to the index.
- Categories : (examples)
1-articles - ( Cheddah wheel)
2 - methods -( how to make a sun, mrsimbs)
3 - machines - (Rubicons, delay relay timers)
That should get us started on the topic.
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
User avatar
woodnut
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 03:23
Location: Greenfield , Nova Scotia , Canada

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby Nighthawk » 27 Aug 2012, 05:33

Exellent, in this way more users will be able to make the hard builds that others make. And this is a great way to show them the way of building it. I have the problem with the credit and to give it for who. So maybe you can put the invention & the creator here when he post it. So this place will be the pointer of the great builds. Totally agree :)
User avatar
Nighthawk
 
Posts: 259
Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 16:18
Location: Jordan

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby Alfajim » 28 Aug 2012, 09:56

I think it's a nice idea, as Nighthawk says a sort of catalogue of good ideas. Having said that I don't like it when people get precious about an idea, claiming it as their invention, when in reality its something we can all find in the real world. I've seen it many times in apparatus, someone saying "hey that's my idea, give me some credit" but we all take inspiration from the things we see around us, and sometimes have very similar ideas in the game.
Definitely a good idea for worthy inventions or building tips.
My Apparatus accounts are:
alfajim
alfajim159
Milo_Minderbinder
User avatar
Alfajim
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 11:47

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby woodnut » 28 Aug 2012, 11:17

nighthawk wrote:Exellent, in this way more users will be able to make the hard builds that others make. And this is a great way to show them the way of building it. I have the problem with the credit and to give it for who. So maybe you can put the invention & the creator here when he post it. So this place will be the pointer of the great builds. Totally agree :)

nighthawk, thanks for joining the discussion & in agreement .Your input is good.I hope the list will be seperate from this discussion topic page , but here on the forum later. Maybe like the members list, the "inventors". Where do we start? I think we need to define " what is an invention" or criteria . :?:
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
User avatar
woodnut
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 03:23
Location: Greenfield , Nova Scotia , Canada

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby woodnut » 28 Aug 2012, 12:15

Alfajim wrote:I think it's a nice idea, as Nighthawk says a sort of catalogue of good ideas. Having said that I don't like it when people get precious about an idea, claiming it as their invention, when in reality its something we can all find in the real world. I've seen it many times in apparatus, someone saying "hey that's my idea, give me some credit" but we all take inspiration from the things we see around us, and sometimes have very similar ideas in the game.
Definitely a good idea for worthy inventions or building tips.

Good to see more positive input on this topic. Your precious comment is right on. More inclined, (I hope) to idea sharing in an orginazed & appreciative way. A sort of public patent library.Or more so expired patents list, that become public domain. Open for all members to view & use the ideas they see. The onus is on the player using the idea to give credit in their build to the inventor. Which to me ,adds positive qualities to that player. Improvements could be a sub-section at each invention also. "Worthy inventions" maybe some defintions and criteria are where we need to start, but Im a woodnut not a lawyer :lol:
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
User avatar
woodnut
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 03:23
Location: Greenfield , Nova Scotia , Canada

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby Nighthawk » 28 Aug 2012, 17:11

woodnut wrote:
nighthawk wrote:Exellent, in this way more users will be able to make the hard builds that others make. And this is a great way to show them the way of building it. I have the problem with the credit and to give it for who. So maybe you can put the invention & the creator here when he post it. So this place will be the pointer of the great builds. Totally agree :)

nighthawk, thanks for joining the discussion & in agreement .Your input is good.I hope the list will be seperate from this discussion topic page , but here on the forum later. Maybe like the members list, the "inventors". Where do we start? I think we need to define " what is an invention" or criteria . :?:

thanks, but how should we divide the topic into the (inventor, invention, level name, or anything eals)? and organize it? maybe sdac should make a section in this forum for this. And do you want it for apparatus or principia? Cause in apparatus its hard to collect all the inventions and the inventors to put them here. so, in prncipia we have to collect anything new and useful as soon as it post so we dont lose anything.
User avatar
Nighthawk
 
Posts: 259
Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 16:18
Location: Jordan

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby woodnut » 30 Aug 2012, 01:45

nighthawk wrote"
thanks, but how should we divide the topic into the (inventor, invention, level name, or anything eals)? and organize it? maybe sdac should make a section in this forum for this. And do you want it for apparatus or principia? Cause in apparatus its hard to collect all the inventions and the inventors to put them here. so, in prncipia we have to collect anything new and useful as soon as it post so we dont lose anything.[/quote] nighthawk
Just for Principia yes, this is why we need to plan now befor the inventing starts :)
The game is not out ,I'll use a fake one called 'Wheel' .
-Three Catigories : each alphabetically A-Z
1- Articles --- Wheel
2- Machines
3- Mothods
At Articles , under 'W' you find a thumnail pic with info. on the invented article 'wheel'. The levels published name "Super wheel" , the inventors user name "jlow" ( one of these could be a link to the level when you touch). also the date it was regerstered on the index. Each catigory could later be devided into NEW & IMPROVED.
We will wait until after release of game to see if, or how sdac may want to handle it.
In the FAQs it mentions ,group leaders & moderators . He may ask for our help. This is one way to maybe organize it :?:
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
User avatar
woodnut
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 03:23
Location: Greenfield , Nova Scotia , Canada

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby GDWalt » 30 Aug 2012, 18:17

Sounds like a lot of nonsense, I would rather see focus on other aspects of the game, the people who care will know who "invented" what anyway. If your going to get mad because your ego doesn't get a stroke every time someone uses a "wheel" then don't post it, and watch someone else get their 15 min. when they figure it out theirselves.

Thats my take on it.
User avatar
GDWalt
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 16:04

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby woodnut » 05 Sep 2012, 15:28

GDWalt wrote:Sounds like a lot of nonsense, I would rather see focus on other aspects of the game, the people who care will know who "invented" what anyway. If your going to get mad because your ego doesn't get a stroke every time someone uses a "wheel" then don't post it, and watch someone else get their 15 min. when they figure it out theirselves.

Thats my take on it.

Apreciate your take on it.
? What other aspects can we the players focus on to improve this community ?
Apparatus stared in May 2011? I started 10 months later, and knowing who invented what for me was not a matter of caring or not. This is my view point for this topic ,from the player who wants to improve, and was not here from the start. The "inventer" with the ego problem ,,,will be like that if there is, or is not an index. Giving credit to an inventer is the users option when they publish, I feel. :)
Again thanks GDWalt
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
User avatar
woodnut
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 03:23
Location: Greenfield , Nova Scotia , Canada

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby woodnut » 07 Sep 2012, 10:07

lion8538 wrote:That's what I want, thank you very much! 4 You are so kind for your share of this post. It is very useful to me.

Thanks, I hope your support might encourage others to post how they feel. :)
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
User avatar
woodnut
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 03:23
Location: Greenfield , Nova Scotia , Canada

Next

Return to General chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron