Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Re: Principia Inventions index - players discussion

Postby Axohmega » 07 Sep 2012, 12:19

I feel horrible. Got a cold. But about the invention index i like the idea
Axohmega

Postby woodnut » 08 Sep 2012, 01:25

Axohmega wrote:I feel horrible. Got a cold. But about the invention index i like the idea

Kick that thing man :) Thanks for the note.
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
woodnut

Postby GDWalt » 08 Sep 2012, 17:13

I was saying I would rather let sdac focus on more fun aspects and stop bombarding him with a bunch of off the wall suggestions, the invention wall would be very short lived.
GDWalt

Postby woodnut » 12 Sep 2012, 13:42

GDWalt wrote:I was saying I would rather let sdac focus on more fun aspects and stop bombarding him with a bunch of off the wall suggestions, the invention wall would be very short lived.

This topic was named " players discussion" so we could do just that. sdac likely isn't, feeling bombarded by or , having his focus affected from our talk . IF he wants to help much later , with a few minutes to add an icon or appoint a group leader is his choice. Or can we do it on our own? This is where the discussion could focus maybe.
Learning and improving , have long been this old timers passion , and to view a good example with a description has always helped. :)
And I never beleive predictions.
I'm liking "Discoveries" as a name also.
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
woodnut

Postby woodnut » 16 Sep 2012, 13:59

Hope no one minds , if I bump this above the spam :)
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
woodnut

Postby Rubicon » 26 Sep 2012, 20:09

Personally, I'm all for the idea. We've been giving credit for ideas in Apparatus, and all in all, it hasn't been too bad. There was the odd dispute, but nothing major. Now if this issue is actually organized, I see nothing but improvements on the subject, then again there's always a party pooper that'll find a way to ruin anything. The only dispute I can foresee is judging wether or not an idea/invention is worthy of making the list.
My Apparatus Accounts:
Rubicon4x4
Rubicon
RubiconX
Rubicon

Postby woodnut » 27 Sep 2012, 12:27

Rubicon wrote:Personally, I'm all for the idea. We've been giving credit for ideas in Apparatus, and all in all, it hasn't been too bad. There was the odd dispute, but nothing major. Now if this issue is actually organized, I see nothing but improvements on the subject, then again there's always a party pooper that'll find a way to ruin anything. The only dispute I can foresee is judging wether or not an idea/invention is worthy of making the list.

Thanks for the reply. I think we will have some tools to work on the poopers :) .
My thoughts on the judging, or I earlier called 'the process' .
I will use your timer switch as an example.
Befor you publish your discovery , you petition , with a PM, the appointed team member for the inventions library. You request that your next publish be reviewed for inclusion. Your invention should be complete & tested befor request is sent. Explaining how the switch is 'new , useful , & inventive '. The word inventive needs a good definition. " The subject would not have been obvious to the average player" , or to that effect. The level is published and reviewed , then a PM is sent to you of the action ,(accept or declined) as a discovery . Then it is added to the library. Or if declined , an explanation of what criteria were not met
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
woodnut

Postby vivek19 » 28 Sep 2012, 10:05

woodnut wrote:Something to chat about now , waiting for the release. Then maybe after its out , apply the ideas.
In apparatus it was hard to know wbo invented what first. Who deserves credit ?
When working on my electric clutch I did not know if it was new or had it been done.
Maybe in principia , we can organize some way.
FIRST - do we need this ?
If we do, some initial ideas:
-Criteria for an invention . It must be new , useful & inventive.
-A process of steps to get added to the index.
- Categories : (examples)
1-articles - ( Cheddah wheel)
2 - methods -( how to make a sun, mrsimbs)
3 - machines - (Rubicons, delay relay timers)
That should get us started on the topic.

not a good idea. nobody should have right to be known as superior. all are building, and some are building with unnecessary Duct Tape and Chewing Gum. Making simple things complicated is not a good idea. sorry if it hurts anybody.
vivek19

Postby woodnut » 07 Oct 2012, 12:50

vivek19
not a good idea. nobody should have right to be known as superior. all are building, and some are building with unnecessary Duct Tape and Chewing Gum. Making simple things complicated is not a good idea. sorry if it hurts anybody.

Thanks for your thoughts. If I wish to make something and have no knowledge , I can try to build and learn as I go, and may fail some. Or I could gain knowledge from a book , showing me the skills to practice or use for success. Do I think of the books author as 'superior' ? He may be more inteligent on the topic , and for his help I would be thankful. This might help understand my meaning.
Btw, don't we vote at apperatus for top rated ? Our way of deciding superior builds or designs. :)
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
woodnut

Postby Rubicon » 08 Oct 2012, 07:31

vivek19 wrote:not a good idea. nobody should have right to be known as superior. all are building, and some are building with unnecessary Duct Tape and Chewing Gum. Making simple things complicated is not a good idea. sorry if it hurts anybody.

It's got nothing to do with being superior. Credit has been given through out history in science, medicine, astrology etc. If anything it might push people to open up their minds and try to come up with useful gadgets/ideas.
My Apparatus Accounts:
Rubicon4x4
Rubicon
RubiconX
Rubicon

Previous

Return to General chat