When has a topic expired?

Re: When has a topic expired?

Postby CoonHunter » 09 Oct 2012, 20:59

Not a good idea to delete a topic. Sometimes new users can respark a topic, also when you solve the issue and September the topic because it was solved creates a problem. If a new user who has the issue tries to use the search but can't find it, they will post asking. No need for all of those repeated questions. Let a dead topic die. Lock it maybe, but there is really no harm in letting it sit.
CoonHunter

Postby woodnut » 13 Oct 2012, 14:09

smash101 wrote:
Axohmega wrote:
mrsimb wrote:If in topic after a couple of days no answers or topic has no point, delete it.

I agree with you there maybe say due to the different scheduling needs of the users of the forum after 1 weeks time if the thread is inactive then it shall be removed from the forums?

1 week is plenty of time just inform user of this rule. I wouldn't waste my time asking the creator of the post to remove it, just go ahead and do what needs to be done

The week is fine with me, if it has NO replies. Informing them , and removing by me would waste my time , compared to typing a short PM , "Please could you ...... " . I think some self-moderation will work in time if encouraged.
On the release thing , I do find some posts rude to the developer, or acting immature. :(
Very many more of us are quietly , patiently ,waiting for the party to begin. :D We know it will.
Imagine doing a job time estimate for a huge project that has never been done ? Stagering to think about.
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
woodnut

Postby woodnut » 13 Oct 2012, 14:22

CoonHunter wrote:Not a good idea to delete a topic. Sometimes new users can respark a topic, also when you solve the issue and September the topic because it was solved creates a problem. If a new user who has the issue tries to use the search but can't find it, they will post asking. No need for all of those repeated questions. Let a dead topic die. Lock it maybe, but there is really no harm in letting it sit.

Great point. Also using merge to move valuable info. to a fitting topic if there is one. Example ; sdac gives answer to a que. , then no one else replies for weeks. sdac answer may fit into " tutorials topic" and is moved there to preserve the info. Some discression on any removes would be needed. Thanks :)
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
woodnut

Previous

Return to General chat