zardOz needs some help Pajlada

zardOz needs some help Pajlada

Postby zardOz » 18 Nov 2013, 14:42

Since I am not authorized to PM you Pajlada here's my issue..

zardOz is my first account, when I made a new name "Arthur Frain" it was ok and logged in. After logging out A.F. and relogging zardOz I can no longer access the A.F. name, when logging in it boots me to menu and then force closes the program. Rebooting/reinstalling did not have any effect.

I made another new account since I spelled the other one wrong anyway, "Arthur Frayn" and posted a few levels without issue, but upon logging out the same thing happened. "Arthur_Frayn" had the same problem. I can however log in as zardOz without an issue.

I also found that if I rapidly delete many objects it will also close the program to the home window, On Principia It kicks me to home after a few minutes if I try to build without loading the program from scratch(like if I try to edit in sandbox), though this is less of a problem for me.

Im using a crappy Samsung SPH-M930, hardware m930.02
New to Principia? Check out my extensive Parts Tutorials, Tricks and Examples
My Apparatus Engineering series : The Way Things Work zardOz on Apparatus
zardOz

Re: zardOz needs some help Pajlada

Postby zardOz » 18 Nov 2013, 15:19

oh and I forgot, I do get force closed when I try to edit the gear icon on the Pixel in Principia.
zardOz

Postby pajlada » 18 Nov 2013, 15:21

zardOz wrote:zardOz is my first account, when I made a new name "Arthur Frain" it was ok and logged in. After logging out A.F. and relogging zardOz I can no longer access the A.F. name, when logging in it boots me to menu and then force closes the program. Rebooting/reinstalling did not have any effect.

I made another new account since I spelled the other one wrong anyway, "Arthur Frayn" and posted a few levels without issue, but upon logging out the same thing happened. "Arthur_Frayn" had the same problem. I can however log in as zardOz without an issue.

I am able to reproduce the crash itself, it has to do with the logging in when the username includes a space. I was able to register a user named "pajlad test" and upload a level or two, but if i logged out and attempted to log in again it would force close on me.
However, when I attempted with other usernames (pajlada_test, pajladatest and Pajlada_Testt) everything worked as expected. Nothing crashed when I attempted to log in, and I was able to post levels and log out/log in with them. I would suggest trying a new account, call it "arthurfrayn" or something simple and see if that works.

The issue in Principia with crashes happening with deleting many objects (specifically electronic devices) has been fixed in the next release (or at least shouldn't occur as often).
pajlada

Postby zardOz » 18 Nov 2013, 20:29

huh damn I guess I failed to try to log in on my third name again, Mznz was correct then thanks.
zardOz

Return to Apparatus