windows vista problem

windows vista problem

Postby wolfey » 01 Jan 2016, 02:40

hi everyone,first:Happy new year all! hope its good for everyone.
Ok, here is my problem: I have no problems with Principia on my old desktop pc running windows xp BUT I cannot get it to run at ALL on my other(replacement) desktop with Vista OR on my laptop with Vista. it quits immediately with an app crash error in the ntdll.dll module. I have tried every trick i can think of but no luck at all.I know i have read here of other people happily using Principia under Vista so .....please! Can anyone help??? I LOVE this prog! I have it on my android tab(perfect) AND my desktop and I have searched evertwhere for a solution,if you guys can't help me I'm sunk!
Thanks guys (in anticipation), will keep fingers crossed!
wolfey

Re: windows vista problem

Postby RasmusOlle » 09 Jan 2016, 10:37

RasmusOlle

Postby wolfey » 09 Jan 2016, 17:54

Hi Rasmus, thanks for trying but clicked on that link in your reply and it just says "no text in this page", Maybe you didnt get chance to write anythingg yet? I appreciate your help pal. Will keep checking back to see if any text. have a great 2016!
wolfey

Postby RasmusOlle » 09 Jan 2016, 19:44

Woops.
Lets try with this link: bit.ly/1VU8BQl
RasmusOlle

Postby Exoliveolx » 18 Jan 2016, 11:15

If you have trouble getting access to the user interface and even the fourth.
Exoliveolx

Re: windows vista problem SOLVED!

Postby wolfey » 20 Jan 2016, 23:13

Hi Rasmus and Exo, thanks for trying to help! ( exo, your text in your post only showed the first line but thats ok, at least you tried mate, thx)
Ok, I now have principia working on my Vista /Samsung laptop...YES!!! Now...I would LOVE to be able to say" yeah, i am so smart i figured it out!".....errmm actually though it was just by dumb luck that i found the answer!haha. I Attached a wireless mouse (easier to use than built in touchpad) and then i tried Principia. Lo and behold! it works!!!!! ( even with the touchpad) I can only guess that Vista must have changed its configuration in memory to accommodate the mouse driver and is no longer using some part that Principia needs to use. Maybe this mighT help others with the same prob? Hope so. PS: tried this fix on the Vista desktop pc, no luck with that one.Will keep trying.
wolfey

Return to Principia