Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby Nighthawk » 15 Nov 2013, 17:14

deathtopolicia wrote:
woodnut wrote:Hi deathtopolicia,
Sorry I don't think any builds are from a pc after the android release because beta copy was auto linked to publish at a site that is now closed . I can not publish from my PC beta , maybe sdac or pajlada can .
Hope this clears some things for ya. :)


no pc? http://principiagame.com/level/476
Nighthawk: @hyper: well i was willing to do more, but beta that i have is not working properly anymore, and i have no android device. so i will just wait for PC version.
i'm expecting from you A LOT dude. :)

i meant that i can play levels from beta, but it doesn't work very good. and sometimes not working at all, and i cannot publish levels.
User avatar
Nighthawk
 
Posts: 259
Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 16:18
Location: Jordan

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby woodnut » 17 Nov 2013, 00:30

Nighthawk wrote:
deathtopolicia wrote:
woodnut wrote:Hi deathtopolicia,
Sorry I don't think any builds are from a pc after the android release because beta copy was auto linked to publish at a site that is now closed . I can not publish from my PC beta , maybe sdac or pajlada can .
Hope this clears some things for ya. :)


no pc? http://principiagame.com/level/476
Nighthawk: @hyper: well i was willing to do more, but beta that i have is not working properly anymore, and i have no android device. so i will just wait for PC version.
i'm expecting from you A LOT dude. :)

i meant that i can play levels from beta, but it doesn't work very good. and sometimes not working at all, and i cannot publish levels.

Thanks Nighthawk that's how I understood it also. :)
deathtopolicia , I'm happy you expect A LOT from me . I expect a lot from me and try my best at what I do everyday , work or play. I will "never" mislead or misinform you or any member on purpose. If I do make a mistake some day try to consider I'm only human. :D
My Principia account :
woodnut
My Apparatus accounts
- T. Dickson - T.D. - Woodnut - Woods-myth
Please support Huntington disease research.
User avatar
woodnut
 
Posts: 321
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 03:23
Location: Greenfield , Nova Scotia , Canada

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby deathtopolicia » 17 Nov 2013, 17:36

woodnut wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:
deathtopolicia wrote:
woodnut wrote:Hi deathtopolicia,
Sorry I don't think any builds are from a pc after the android release because beta copy was auto linked to publish at a site that is now closed . I can not publish from my PC beta , maybe sdac or pajlada can .
Hope this clears some things for ya. :)


no pc? http://principiagame.com/level/476
Nighthawk: @hyper: well i was willing to do more, but beta that i have is not working properly anymore, and i have no android device. so i will just wait for PC version.
i'm expecting from you A LOT dude. :)

i meant that i can play levels from beta, but it doesn't work very good. and sometimes not working at all, and i cannot publish levels.

Thanks Nighthawk that's how I understood it also. :)
deathtopolicia , I'm happy you expect A LOT from me . I expect a lot from me and try my best at what I do everyday , work or play. I will "never" mislead or misinform you or any member on purpose. If I do make a mistake some day try to consider I'm only human. :D

:( wanna mmake me sad? for what i said? :( sorry. i only meant that we need principia for pc fast:P and i thought some ppl has it and uses it. but you know if more good builders have principia for pc, more good and better builds will be published ,so therefore more happy ppl playing principia and again therefore more happy customers. i think like this cuz i also work like this, the prosperity of my busniess and any kind of busniess is based on the customers happiness. me and we try to give our advice to make this game better. not worst. the better principia gets and easy of use the closer to be the best game ever happened to android
User avatar
deathtopolicia
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 14 Aug 2012, 14:10

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby zardOz » 18 Nov 2013, 15:14

Hey all, Im starting to work on some tutorials for the new players, who are not familiar with the parts basics(such as myself), feel free to use any "examples" or "tutorials" I make for linking. It seems most of the more advanced parts tutorials I have seen are WAY too confusing and lacking in the info needed for new players not to be intimidated. The descriptions are written as if every person who downloads this has already passed electronics 201.

Edit: for example the OR gate description on Wiki

"OR gate
Binary device. If any input is 1, output 1. Otherwise output 0.
Input sockets:
IN0:
IN1:
Output sockets:
IN0:"

This might as well be in Arabic for the average Apparatus user, It will be more helpful if written something like this,

OR Gate:
Wired with signal cables, the OR Gate allows you to send a signal through the output socket if either of the two input sockets receive a signal.

Example:
Button--(IN1)--OR Gate--(IN0)--pressure plate
--------------------/
-------------------/
----------------motor----battery

If either the button or pressure plate is triggered the motor will receive a signal.

As my Nana always said, "Boy, you're gonna grow up and write instruction manuals one day!"
New to Principia? Check out my extensive Parts Tutorials, Tricks and Examples
My Apparatus Engineering series : The Way Things Work zardOz on Apparatus
zardOz
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 12:32

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby zardOz » 18 Nov 2013, 20:32

I updated the AND/NAND/OR/XOR objects in the wiki, with some simple descriptions.
New to Principia? Check out my extensive Parts Tutorials, Tricks and Examples
My Apparatus Engineering series : The Way Things Work zardOz on Apparatus
zardOz
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 12:32

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby pajlada » 19 Nov 2013, 07:30

zardOz wrote:I updated the AND/NAND/OR/XOR objects in the wiki, with some simple descriptions.

Very nice, thanks!
pajlada
 
Posts: 697
Joined: 27 Sep 2012, 14:57

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby blackhawk7 » 27 Nov 2013, 16:32

I would like tot to but they so hold in.I CAN HOLD ON I need it now!I hope they well do it to.....
blackhawk7
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 03:31

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby zardOz » 10 Dec 2013, 06:16

Was wondering if there was anything other than parts tutorials you Bithackers would like me to give a shot to help the new folks... I like a challenge... Explaining complicated things to lay people is my gift in life, I think about the issue constantly. Even abstract ideas, they help me think in different directions.
New to Principia? Check out my extensive Parts Tutorials, Tricks and Examples
My Apparatus Engineering series : The Way Things Work zardOz on Apparatus
zardOz
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 12:32

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby zardOz » 15 Dec 2013, 06:30

zardOz wrote:Was wondering if there was anything other than parts tutorials you Bithackers would like me to give a shot to help the new folks... I like a challenge... Explaining complicated things to lay people is my gift in life, I think about the issue constantly. Even abstract ideas, they help me think in different directions.

"Well zardOz... "
"Yes, zardOz?"
"Why don't you show them what kind of awesome they will get if they make a good request which tickles your fancy!"

"...hmm, very well zardOz ol' chap... I pick User Interfaces! You know, for controlling games and all sorts of things..."

"Ahh, great idea zardOz, many people need help with that, even with millions of dollars the big gaming companies mangage to screw that part up."
New to Principia? Check out my extensive Parts Tutorials, Tricks and Examples
My Apparatus Engineering series : The Way Things Work zardOz on Apparatus
zardOz
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 12:32

Re: Help us! We need tutorials and example levels!

Postby pajlada » 15 Dec 2013, 10:40

zardOz wrote:
zardOz wrote:Was wondering if there was anything other than parts tutorials you Bithackers would like me to give a shot to help the new folks... I like a challenge... Explaining complicated things to lay people is my gift in life, I think about the issue constantly. Even abstract ideas, they help me think in different directions.

"Well zardOz... "
"Yes, zardOz?"
"Why don't you show them what kind of awesome they will get if they make a good request which tickles your fancy!"

"...hmm, very well zardOz ol' chap... I pick User Interfaces! You know, for controlling games and all sorts of things..."

"Ahh, great idea zardOz, many people need help with that, even with millions of dollars the big gaming companies mangage to screw that part up."

Well, zardOz...
Hmmm...
zardOz...
Do you have any throughts about the current state of the user interface?
original comment by Pajleda
pajlada
 
Posts: 697
Joined: 27 Sep 2012, 14:57

PreviousNext

Return to Principia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron