Game UI

Re: Game UI

Postby smivps2 » 17 Aug 2012, 20:22

Thicker and thinner are great, I think they were mostly concerned about a detention on the sliders though, so(for example) you can take two batteries, and have them push the exact same voltage of amperage). And, if it is possible, for us statistical guys, is it reasonable to add a number value to this type of thing?
smivps2

Postby conlowe » 17 Aug 2012, 20:43

sdac wrote:
conlowe wrote:
sdac wrote:
conlowe wrote:thats one of the main things i was wanting. not sure if its gonna have boards like apparatus but if so will their thickness b adjustable as well and will there b more lengths to choose from?

There are 4 plank lengths and 2 plank thicknesses. I might add more thicknesses, takes 2-3 minutes to add so as long as people want thicker planks I'll add.

i was thinking thinner myself

Oh I see, hmm. Too thin objects are problematic for the physics engine to deal with (they'll pass through each other if they move too fast). I'll have to experiment.

Understood. No biggie. Oh and u can experiment after the game is out.
conlowe

Postby Varian » 20 Aug 2012, 12:50

I've being playing Apparatus for a long time in my galaxy SII and now that I own a new iPad I'd like to play Principia with it. The point is that I want to know if Principia is going to have retina support? Or are you going to release it in 1080? Anyway, I'm going to buy your game for both android and iPad, thanks for making such a great game.
Varian

Postby sdac » 20 Aug 2012, 16:06

Varian wrote:I've being playing Apparatus for a long time in my galaxy SII and now that I own a new iPad I'd like to play Principia with it. The point is that I want to know if Principia is going to have retina support? Or are you going to release it in 1080? Anyway, I'm going to buy your game for both android and iPad, thanks for making such a great game.

The UI measures in centimeters, not in pixels. Apparatus did not do this, but Principia does. What this means is that it doesnt matter if your screen has a resolution of Ultra-Super-Mega-Extreme-HD, or it has a resolution of 400x240, a button will always be 1 physical centimeter (for example).
sdac
Site Admin

Postby Varian » 20 Aug 2012, 19:58

sdac wrote:
Varian wrote:I've being playing Apparatus for a long time in my galaxy SII and now that I own a new iPad I'd like to play Principia with it. The point is that I want to know if Principia is going to have retina support? Or are you going to release it in 1080? Anyway, I'm going to buy your game for both android and iPad, thanks for making such a great game.

The UI measures in centimeters, not in pixels. Apparatus did not do this, but Principia does. What this means is that it doesnt matter if your screen has a resolution of Ultra-Super-Mega-Extreme-HD, or it has a resolution of 400x240, a button will always be 1 physical centimeter (for example).

Great news :) waiting anxiously for the release.
Varian

Postby dOUBLEbAD » 31 Dec 2017, 19:06

Where is everyone?
Welcome to my page. Here you will find a lot of randomness. Enjoy!
dOUBLEbAD

Previous

Return to Principia