Game UI

Re: Game UI

Postby sdac » 17 Aug 2012, 17:42

conlowe wrote:great minds think alike. i was just working on a bulldozer build n was wishing the sliders had garduations or detents. i like the idea of having the values displayed on screen as well.

There is a control panel slider widget in Principia that goes back to 0 when you release it, is that what you mean by detent?
sdac
Site Admin

Postby mrsimb » 17 Aug 2012, 17:47

I used a hex editor, not only to equalize the values​​, but also to achieve the values ​​that are beyond the corners of left and right corner of the slider. This is what I wanted to explain the proposal to use the ring in the interface. This time I used Google Translate.
mrsimb

Postby conlowe » 17 Aug 2012, 17:51

sdac wrote:
conlowe wrote:great minds think alike. i was just working on a bulldozer build n was wishing the sliders had garduations or detents. i like the idea of having the values displayed on screen as well.

There is a control panel slider widget in Principia that goes back to 0 when you release it, is that what you mean by detent?

no i mean like snap to positions within the slider so we can set all batteries or rockets to the same power. looks like there will b preset positions which will b adjustable and the power values will b displayed on the screen.
conlowe

Postby sdac » 17 Aug 2012, 17:52

mrsimb wrote:I used a hex editor, not only to equalize the values​​, but also to achieve the values ​​that are beyond the corners of left and right corner of the slider. This is what I wanted to explain the proposal to use the ring in the interface. This time I used Google Translate.

Hopefully all slider values in Principa will be enough, if it turns out there is something you need to increase even more we can discuss adding a more advanced type of value widget later. :)
sdac
Site Admin

Postby mrsimb » 17 Aug 2012, 17:55

Okay :)
mrsimb

Postby sdac » 17 Aug 2012, 17:56

conlowe wrote:
sdac wrote:

no i mean like snap to positions within the slider so we can set all batteries or rockets to the same power. looks like there will b preset positions which will b adjustable and the power values will b displayed on the screen.

Ah of course, yes this is very important, which is why all value sliders in Principia snap to constant multiples of small fractions.
sdac
Site Admin

Postby conlowe » 17 Aug 2012, 18:02

sdac wrote:
conlowe wrote:
sdac wrote:

Ah of course, yes this is very important, which is why all value sliders in Principia snap to constant multiples of small fractions.

thats one of the main things i was wanting. not sure if its gonna have boards like apparatus but if so will their thickness b adjustable as well and will there b more lengths to choose from?
conlowe

Postby sdac » 17 Aug 2012, 18:15

conlowe wrote:thats one of the main things i was wanting. not sure if its gonna have boards like apparatus but if so will their thickness b adjustable as well and will there b more lengths to choose from?

There are 4 plank lengths and 2 plank thicknesses. I might add more thicknesses, takes 2-3 minutes to add so as long as people want thicker planks I'll add.
sdac
Site Admin

Postby conlowe » 17 Aug 2012, 18:35

sdac wrote:
conlowe wrote:thats one of the main things i was wanting. not sure if its gonna have boards like apparatus but if so will their thickness b adjustable as well and will there b more lengths to choose from?

There are 4 plank lengths and 2 plank thicknesses. I might add more thicknesses, takes 2-3 minutes to add so as long as people want thicker planks I'll add.

i was thinking thinner myself
conlowe

Postby sdac » 17 Aug 2012, 20:03

conlowe wrote:
sdac wrote:

i was thinking thinner myself

Oh I see, hmm. Too thin objects are problematic for the physics engine to deal with (they'll pass through each other if they move too fast). I'll have to experiment.
sdac
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Principia